But the term "pain in the shoulder," is the summary. It is used, if the pain is localized:
- under the scapula acromion;
- directly in the shoulder blades;
- between the shoulder blades.
Pain under the scapula acromion
Pain under the scapula acromion may be localized to the right or to the left. Depending on how they are different and why.
Peptic ulcer of the stomach
The most common reason for pain in the shoulder blade – is it a stomach ulcer. Pain localized in the epigastrium, but may also spread in the department of thoracic spine, in the left blade and the left nipple.
Pain in peptic ulcer disease of the stomach are characterized by the frequency, seasonality, gradual increase, as well as the complete removal or weakening after vomiting.
The last and allows you to make a conclusion about the cause of the pain – disorders of the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract. Vomiting occurs at the height of the head, that is, when the feelings of pain strongest.
In the majority (70%) patients available in the following symptoms: heartburn, salivation, gagging, regurgitation.
Second, according to the degree of the occurrence of the cause of are psychological problems. Painful describe patients:
- the feeling of "pouring" heart's blood, and the feeling that the heart is freezing, patients talking about the fact that at the time when the pain of a heart attack, it appeared to them that the heart jump from the chest;
- the feeling of compression;
- the severity;
- hotness in the breast;
- cold shivering;
- the pain constantly radiates in the right hands, the groin, the blade, when it can hurt the back and neck;
- the feeling of fear.
- com in the throat (a rare symptom);
- lack of air (a rare symptom).
It takes only the third place according to the degree of occurrence. Myocardial infarction is preceded by a severe attack of angina pectoris. Appear sharp and severe pain behind the breastbone, which, as usual, radiates in the left part of the shoulder blades, back, neck, jaw.
Painful feelings do not go away even after the ingestion of vasodilator drugs (nitroglycerine, validol), only help the narcotic analgesics. In most cases, pain in the area of the blades arises after emotional or physical stress.
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
Pain attack patients describe as follows:
- the pain is dull, unilateral, localized just below the neck;
- painful sensations arise in the morning, what is the cause of the injury waking up;
- the pain is amplified when a sharp flexion extension of the neck, when a serious load on the cervical spine;
- when the thermal effects of the pain goes away, for example, just take a warm bath;
- the pain radiates head and hands;
- paraesthesia in the shoulder area;
Pain under the scapula acromion when intercostal neuralgia carries the belt paroxysmal character. Feelings of pain will worsen when walking, breathe deeply, cough, sneeze, physical exertion and during palpation. In individual cases, it occurs one more symptom – excessive muscle tension.
Precisely because of this pain applies only to the area under the scapula acromion, but also the lower back, heart, back. There are many in intercostal neuralgia also tingling, burning, sensitivity disorders.
Perforation of gastric ulcers
Pain syndrome is characterized by:
- unbearable sharp pain that radiates in the supraclavicular area;
- with nausea and vomiting;
- a person experiencing feelings of fear, excitement, his face is covered with cold sweat;
- the patient takes a forced position – up on your right side or your back, cradling the during this of the thigh to the abdomen, which is intense pain;
- the slightest activity requires a dramatic increase in pain.
Spasm of the gall bladder (or biliary)
In such a case, the pain arises usually under right scapula, and is caused by pipes clogged with a rock. In the result, and develops colic:
- Appear teaching the pain of an intense character;
- From the words of the patients pain "stabbing, cutting power";
- The epicenter of pain is located in the area of the right hypochondrium;
- In some cases, the pain radiates to the right shoulder, neck, jaw, eyes.
A person suffering from such pain, as a rule, uneasy. Is constantly changing its position in search of the least painful options. As a function of the head is necessary to mention the fact that this phenomenon is usually accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
For such an occasion is typical of acute pain in the right my shoulder, which is still growing at the time of the inhale. Quite often, the pain radiates to the shoulder (right). Like other manifestations of the abscess should be leukocytosis, as well as an increase in temperature.
Kidney disease of inflammatory nature (pyelonephritis, nephritis).
In the presence of such disease is almost always present pain in the lower back and in my right my shoulder. At the same time, there has been frequent urination, brings painful feelings.
Injuries to the shoulder blades
Injuries to the shoulder blades can occur as a result of a strong blow to the area of the blades or in the fall on the blades.
In some cases of injury of the scapula (bone fractures) are a result of unsuccessful downs on the elbow or on the fixed arm.
There are many situation, when there is a fracture of the scapula complicated due to the bias of the lower fragments as a result of exposure mentioned about them from the surrounding muscles.
While the man is constantly present severe pain, which worsen with every movement of the hand.
In the vast majority of cases, fracture of the scapula is accompanied by swelling of either swelling. Sometimes changes in the shoulder joint can be observed and visually.
This phenomenon is a pathological character. As usual, the pterygoid turbines is due to the paralysis that hit the trapezoidal, diamond either the front of the device muscle. Paralysis, in turn, can be the cause of deafness, neuroinfections or nerve damage.
However, there are and traumatic pterygoid turbines, emerging as a result of repeated bruising of the forearm and either due to damage to the long breast of bread. A similar case, quite often occur in practice, athletes and circus artists.
The blades crunching
In such a case, as the name suggests, is to feel the crunch, sometimes the Addition of pain of a mild nature and a sense of heaviness.
Osteomyelitis of the scapula
This phenomenon develops due to the open bone injury (the most glaring example – a gunshot wound). As usual, like the other symptoms are present all the symptoms of total intoxication.
Pain between the shoulder blades
And finally, it is necessary to consider those cases where the pain arises between the shoulder blades.
Common features for all these situations is the presence of feelings of numbness, some frosting, and also a feeling of crawling chills. The reasons for the same occurrence of pain are:
- Coronary artery disease;
- Kyphosis, as well as kyphoscoliosis;
- Humeroscapular periarthrosis;
- A Herniated of the thoracic spine;
- Intercostal neuralgia;
- Angina pectoris;
- The protrusion of the disc, published in the thoracic region of the spine;
- Peptic ulcer 12-an earthy intestine, the stomach;
- A number of diseases of the liver and gallbladder.
It should be noted that the pain associated with the shoulder blades, often arise on the background of professional activity, one way or another related to the excess voltage of the muscles involved.
In any case, you can not neglect the pain, it is important to promptly contact a specialist that will prevent the development of adverse consequences and immediately eliminate the cause. Even when the pain has passed, the need might seem a doctor. Because the real problem does not disappear by itself, it is needed to treat it.