Deforming arthrosis (osteoarthritis) is a progressive pathology, leading to dystrophy and degeneration of the joint surfaces and injury to the cartilage, until its complete destruction in the area of the joint.
Usually deforming arthrosis detected in advanced and senile age, if there are related factors and the disease is often detected when the links to the surveys, but not manifested clinically.
Deforming osteoarthritis – the most common and the most common pathology of the joints. It occurs in 70% of all diseases of the joints.
The exact cause of the deformation of the flow of arthritis today is not clarified, but highlighted are some of the factors, authentically negative the likelihood of its development. Above all, it is the overall aging of the organism and degenerative phenomena in the tissues, changes of cartilage and joint bags.
Factors affecting the development of joint arthrosis can be divided into:
- external - these include overload of the joints (for example, due to lifting heavy weights), permanent injury, professional effects, hypothermia joints,
- internal - this is the influence of heredity with the stretched ligaments and joints, dysfunction of the ovaries and menopausal changes in women, vascular disasters, violations of circulation in the tissues of the cartilage, obesity.
Deforming arthrosis, as one of the symptoms can be alcoholism or myxedema, acromegaly, or in the treatment of hormones, in congenital dislocation of thigh syndrome, Marfan (hereditary disease, characterized by excessive mobility of the joints and the extension of tubular bones). immobility of a joint)
Stages of development
In the development of the deformation of the flow of arthritis there are a number of natural successive stages, one second:
- reducing watery the cartilage, which leads to its thinning and drying,
- the formation in the cartilage defects and cracks
- the destruction of the cartilage in combination with a sharp narrowing of the articular space,
- the demise of the cartilage with the bone edges,
- compensatory seal the ends of the bones, which remained without a cartilage surface,
- damage to the joints with sprains, fractures, and a violation of the functioning of the limbs.
Symptoms of deformation of the flow arthrosis
First of all, the main manifestation of the deformation of the flow arthrosis is
- the pain inside the joint, growing after strenuous exercise or in the night,
- it affects individual joints,
- the affected joints are symmetrical,
- when this happens the common manifestations of lesions of the joints,
- no fever,
- there are no strong reddening of the joints
- no changes in the analyses.
The process often arises in the knee, hip or interphalangeal joint.
If the disease progresses to the point of destruction of the cartilage, there is a painful blockages of the joint, when walking manifested a strong pain that makes move your feet and force stop. This happens for some reason were into the cavity of pieces of cartilage or small bone fragments (joint "mice").
In the area of the joints of the phalanges arise nodular, very solid education, while the joints are severely deformed, the muscles are not exposed to the atrophy, not the immobility of the joint.
The inside of the joints when moving is to hear the crunch due to the friction damaged the surfaces of yourself.
Because of the pain and restriction of motion can form contractures (muscle contractions), that shortens the legs or arms.
Deforming arthritis with manifestations similar to the various forms of arthritis, in the first place it is necessary to distinguish from rheumatoid arthritis.
Typical criteria for the diagnosis of deformation of the flow arthrosis does not exist, can be externally recognized only by the nodes on the phalanges of the fingers. Suspect that osteoarthritis arises when:
- typical damage to the joints,
- the long-term development of the disease over many years,
- the advanced age of the patient.
The basis of diagnosis – radiological data, arising before the period of clinical manifestations and pain syndrome.
Manifested by a narrowing of the joint space, change with the flattening and deformation of the surfaces of the joint, instability in the area of the joint with a sprain and nogpodvrtnutí, visible marginal growths of the bones, osteosclerosis (excessive increase bone density).
With the progression of the process are identified bone spikes and hillocks, the joint space may become sphenoid.
Complements the study of arthroscopy, a study of the blood with the lack of signs of inflammation.
Needed warehouse periarticular fluid.
Treatment of deformation of the flow arthrosis
The same symptoms can be symptoms of various diseases, and the disease can progress not according to the textbook. Do not try to treat yourself, consult with your doctor.
Treatment of dealing with trauma and orthopedic surgeons.
Methods of treatment of the deformation of the flow of arthritis depends on the degree of involvement in the process of the joints, and also from the length of the lesion and the presence of pain syndrome.
Mainly apply to conservative therapy
- reduce the burden on the joints,
- weight loss,
- app metabolites – a course of aloe, gumsole or the vitreous intramuscularly courses,
- apply stimulants cartilage repair injection intramuscularly courses.
- the use of drugs,
- anti-inflammatory therapy.
If there is inflammation in the joint, is indicated by a course of hormones – hydrocortisone inside the joint.
It is used as a complex of massages, physiotherapy effects, the mud, the heat exposure. Helpful spa treatment.
In more advanced cases helps surgical treatment – joint replacement surgery. It also shows the unloading of the joint, reduction of body weight, walking with the support of a cane or crutches, therapeutic exercise.
Deforming arthrosis without the necessary treatment has slowly, but steadily progressive time. Leads to disability and substantial impairment of the function of the joints, disorders of movement. Therefore, when the appearance of the first symptoms of joint arthrosis shows the active therapy, in the length of courses of 1-2 months.