Osteochondrosis — is a serious disease of the spine, because it is able to cause serious problems and lead to various complications. For this reason, it is necessary to timely and properly treat. It can be done at home with the help of drugs, folk remedies, physical education and physiotherapy practices. All therapeutic measures should be approved by a specialist, otherwise there is a risk of complications.
What is osteochondrosis of the
Osteochondrosis — a degenerative-degenerative diseases of the spine (DSP ), which sees to the disruption of the tissue structure of the vertebrae and the intervertebral disc. It causes a decrease in their elasticity and shape change. For this reason, significantly reducing the interval between the individual vertebrae and there was an instability of the spine in this place.
With the destruction of the pathological tissue occurs pinched nerve endings, leaving from the spinal cord, which sees to a permanent stress from the back muscles. In this context, the arise of pain and other characteristic symptoms. Clinical signs in that they are able to vary depending on what segment was degenerative disorders. Issue chondrosis of the spine the following departments:
If the disease process affects more of the segments, then such a polysegmental osteochondrosis. The most common disorders have symptoms complicated and much harder to diagnosed, because they may happen to land, which are located in the vicinity of, and remotely from each other. For example, osteochondrosis of the cervical and lumbar-sacral divisions.
Issue the 4 stages of degenerative disc disease:
- First. Characterized by an initial disorder in the area of the intervertebral disc. Usually at this stage the cartilage, belt vertebrae, is covered with cracks. In consequence, starts the reduction of the lumen between the discs.
- Second. Cheap ruptured fibrous ring so tapers that the ligaments and muscles of the spine begin to come into contact and rub against each other. At this stage in humans may manifest the first painful paroxysmal character. The second phase sees the emergence of instability of the vertebrae.
- Third. Going clear the cartilage of the seal between the plates. Thinning is detected while performing the x-ray, and symptoms is clearly expressed, bearing an intense character. In this stage a painful can only be removed by the use of effective drugs.
- Fourth. It is characterized by an excessive instability of the vertebrae, because they are made of bone growths — osteophytes. They damage the stomach nerve roots. Usually at this stage, several symptoms go away, but manifests itself seasonally (peaks deterioration occurs in the fall and spring).
Psychosomatics degenerative disc disease
Psychosomatic causes of disease – a new direction in the search for the prerequisites for its creation. Psychosomatics assumes the influence of psychological factors on the development and after physical illness. The relationship between physical capital and mental health issues really tight, and the sight of a healthy person can worry about from regular pain. When osteochondrosise in some people has not been established objective reasons for the pathology, but she continues to progress.
Up to 30% of patients after visiting the doctor pointed to such problems as:
- Constant stress;
- Chronic anxiety;
- Of nervous strain;
- Problems in the family;
- Moral breakdown.
In this case, the psychosomatics in the appearance of the syndrome of lesions of the spine clearly visible – a man "bent" under the weight of problems that suffer from the spine. If pathology has similar causes, treatment of degenerative disc disease will be difficult, meds usually help. Exacerbation of pathology occur during the new wave of stress and physical reasons for them not to.
Especially often psychosomatics reflects from the cervical spine, but painful may be wandering all over the pozvonocna pole. Treatment of degenerative disc disease should start with the search and solution of psychological problems under the control of the therapist.
Causes of degenerative disc disease
The main factor in the development of degenerative disc disease – this is the uneven load on the spine.
A common cause of improper (uneven) load distribution on the spine is used:
- the habit of wearing a bag on one shoulder helen in one hand,
- improper posture of your body in a sitting position,
- sleep on a too soft mattress
- sleep on a high pillow,
- fit anatomically wrong kinds of shoes.
Other factors of risk also include:
- physical inactivity (sedentary lifestyle),
- the presence of excess weight,
- back injuries,
- injuries of the lower extremities,
- flat feet,
- any further violations of the musculoskeletal system,
- senile degenerative processes in the spine which worsens the blood supply of the vertebral column.
Stages of development of degenerative disc disease
Develops, osteochondrosis always goes through four stages:
- The first phase is characterized by the appearance of the pathology in the nucleus of the intervertebral disc. Because of the unnatural load begins the process of dehydration (dehydration) of the nucleus, which sees to reduce the height of the intervertebral discs and the formation of cracks fibrous rings.
- During the second phase of the disease creates discomfort in the form of painful feelings, especially when certain types of loads, movements and positions of your body.
- The third stage of the degenerative disc disease is characterized by the formation of the prolapse and protrusion. It may be accompanied by subluxation and/helena the development of arthrosis of the joints of the intervertebral. While certain movements may feel stiffness and lack of mobility. In the extremities may experience feelings of tingling and numbness.
- In the fourth stage, degenerative disc disease, the body tries to adapt to the consequences of hypermobility (excessive mobility) of the vertebrae, begins to adapt to impaired functioning of the spinal pillar, and in places of contact of the vertebrae to form osteophytes (new bone formation) with the aim of improving the fixation of the vertebrae.
But, unfortunately, in many cases, osteophytes cause impaction nerves, and still more injure the vertebrae. Which in the intervertebral discs and joints of the starting fibrous ankylosis.
Symptoms of degenerative disc disease
The main symptoms of degenerative disc disease – it is a feeling of discomfort and/helen pain in the neck and back.
How will be a significant discomfort, but also, what other symptoms will manifest during the development of degenerative disc disease depends on the stage of the disease and from each individual case.
Pathology of the intervertebral discs of the cervical and lumbar occur significantly more often than degenerative and degenerative changes in the area of the sternum.
The symptoms of degenerative disc disease include:
- regular helena the feeling of permanent fatigue, back pain,
- a slight helena pronounced (depending on the stage of the disease) a syndrome of pain in the neck, back, chest, shoulder belt,
- difficult, bound movement of the upper limbs.
The clinical picture of degenerative disc disease is largely dependent on the localization (positioning) of the pathology, stage of development, from the individual characteristics of the patients.
Pathology of the intervertebral disc, the bias, protrusion, hernia and growth of osteophytes lead to different consequences.
Among the most common – it is a violation of the normal blood circulation in the tissues, pinching of the nerve endings, dysfunction of the spinal canal, swelling, fibrosis of tissues and structures.
These impacts may be accompanied by a huge variety of different symptoms, which sees the difficulty in accurate diagnosis of the disease.
The most common symptoms of degenerative disc disease includes the following manifestations:
- feelings of pain in the back, the neck, the lower part of the back, in the area of the shoulder belt, in the area of the ribs,
- discomfort and stiffness in movements of the trunk, which arise when certain positions of your body: the slopes, in the corners, while the increase in muscle tension,
- a feeling of numbness of the upper and lower extremities,
- muscle and promptly nausea, muscle spasms,
- headaches, dizziness, increased fatigue,
- pain in the region of the heart,
- violation of the sensitivity of hands,
- muscle weakness.
The diagnosis of degenerative disc disease
For the determination of an accurate diagnosis is specialist assigns of such instrumental methods of survey, such as:
- x-rays of the spine,
- if it is necessary – myelography of the spine,
- neurological examination of the sensitivity and reflexes of the spine.
Other methods, which can be prescribed by a doctor, make a diagnosis and stage of the pathological processes was determined as accurately as possible, include:
- computed tomography of the spine,
- nuclear magnetic resonance,
- magnetic-resonance tomography.
Many without special attention relate to the first manifestations of degenerative-dysfunctional processes in the connective tissue of the spine. Such an attitude towards one's own body can have a significantly negative impact on the work of all internal organs. Imbalance of functions will grow as avalanche, and one can unexpectedly end up in a hospital bed. The reduction of mobility of the spine, violation of the speed of passage of the signal and problems with the income of nutrients in a certain area of your body can lead to the development of dysfunction in the musculoskeletal system, the work of the joints and ligaments.
Partial helen the complete destruction of the intervertebral ties sees to the development of many chronic diseases. Even a slight pain in his spine, suddenly appeared and just as quickly is missing, must a person undergo a full examination. It will help you identify the area of developing the disease and with the help of preventive means to prevent the further development of the disease.
Not paying attention to the first signals, it is possible to meet with more serious problems:
- The formation of sharp, long headaches, migraines and dizziness.
- Problems in the cervical spine can lead to severe vision loss.
- Often hearing loss is a consequence of the violation of the work of the upper spine.
- The development of degenerative disc disease may be the cause of autonomic dysfunction.
- Problems in the lower part of the back lead to a sharp aggravation of diseases of the genitourinary system.
- Lack of proper treatment leads to chronic degenerative disc disease at radiculitis and sciatica.
- Large load and the lack of systemic treatment are becoming a cause of intervertebral hernia.
- People stakivayutsya with such diseases as lumbago, spondiloartrozom, lumbalgie.
- Long-term development of degenerative disc disease without skilled treatment sees to stenosis of the vertebrate channels, spondylosis, osteophytes.
It is necessary to clearly realize that any violations in the work of the spine will necessarily lead to the development of more complex chronic diseases of internal organs. Neurovascular Damage to the spokes prevents the rhythm of the work of the organs, disrupting the supply of the necessary amount of nutrition and removal of waste substances and toxins.
Will it have a negative effect on the whole organism. Accumulates inside the tissue of the damaged cells and waste substances stimulate the development of a malignant formation. You can suddenly find that excellent health has suffered serious damage from a small pain in the lower part of the back, the back of helena's neck.
To successfully treat degenerative disc disease, it is necessary to perform detailed examination and provide an accurate diagnosis. First doctors carried out an external examination of the patient, collection of anamnesis of the disease, after the use of laboratory and instrumental methods of research.
There are 3 ways to therapy:
A great benefit in the treatment of degenerative disc disease bring a special diet, compliance with the bed rest and minimizing the load on the spine. In the vacation, it is recommended to use a hard surface instead of soft mattress.
At home, to treat the disease, you can resort to the first two methods. When it is appropriate to combine them. For the amplification of their action it is possible to enter in the therapy of the people's ways.
However, to engage self-heal very undesirable. All measures and procedures should be approved by a specialist. In therapy degenerative disc disease need to follow certain rules to use these helena other methods.
If the provision of health care has not brought results, and the disease progresses, then it is prescribed to surgical treatment. Operative intervention is carried out for stabilization of the structures of the spine, the removal of the intervertebral hernia helena completely the affected discs.
Treatment treatment of degenerative disc disease should be comprehensive, have a goal of relief of pain syndrome and the removal of other significant symptoms. For this, use different groups of drugs:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory. They are designed to eliminate the inflammatory processes and all kinds of pain. Also remove the swelling of the tissues.
- Sedatives. They are used for the relief of the pain syndrome, but has no effect on the disease process.
- The muscle relaxers. Applies to relieve muscle spasms in the spine, enabling greatly reduce feelings of pain. It works by blocking the receptors in the affected muscle fibers, thereby is violated the conductivity of the impulses in the spinal cord. The effect of these drugs while, but in that time the muscle fibers are able to regain normal tone and activate its own protective mechanisms from degenerative-degenerative processes.
- Vitamins of group B, D, a, E, C, phosphate and calcium medication. Vitamin-mineral complexes are necessary for the supplement in the body of the substances involved in the formation of bones and cartilage, the exchange processes.
- Vasodilator medications.
When pathologies of the musculoskeletal system, doctors recommend to apply chondroprotectors, which have a cumulative effect and acts on the human body after a certain period of time, which will help to restore the intervertebral disc. These drugs are used for a long period of time, up to 2-3 months. And chondroprotectors really load the liver and the organs of the gastrointestinal tract, therefore, it is necessary to combine with probiotics.
In the treatment of degenerative disc disease will be a useful exercise (LTV). On the muscle and the musculoskeletal system may favorably affect moderate exercise. Stimulate the metabolic processes, restore the mobility of the vertebral column and the strengthening of the muscle corset.
The method and the scheme of medical gymnastics must choose a doctor, because it can vary depending on which department the spine is susceptible to a pathological process. Therefore, it is desirable that classes were held under the control of a specialist. After mastering the program course health physical education it is possible to continue at home.
For example, when the diagnosis of degenerative disc disease of the cervical recommend the following simple exercise:
- Tilt your head forward and push down on the guests forehead woven fingers. The patient is the need to defend the pressure. Such exercises then you exercise, affects the occipital portion, left and right temple.
- Push down on the forehead four fingers, like stretching the skin, in the course of 45 seconds. The action shall be carried out in different directions. This exercise is designed to restore blood flow.
- Sit down on a chair helena on the floor, keep your back straight and smoothly tilting the head back. Your hands should be gently pressure on the chin up-down. Then twisting his head to the left and to the right.
- Try to get a chin chest. In this position it is necessary to cross the hands on the back of the head and push at him. In the charged state is the need to stay longer for 1 minute, then perform the movement of the shoulders, lifted them up, trying to get into the ears.
Treatment treatment gives a good result, if you combine it with the procedures of physiotherapy. For the condition of the vertebrae useful electromagnetic therapy, electrophoresis, ultrasound therapy and so on Some types of procedures it is possible to perform in home conditions, if the purchase corresponding to the portable device. The beneficial effects of mineral water and healing mud.
In the absence of contraindications to massage the patient is input to a chiropractor. In the treatment of degenerative disc disease can be used session of reflexology — the impact on certain points of your body. At home you can perform self-massage. There are several techniques that contribute to the removal of pain syndrome and toning muscles:
- light stroking of the vertebrae region of the one of helena with both hands;
- kneading the muscles of the armor, helena circular movements, slightly pressure the pads of the fingers;
- kneading the muscles of the palm;
- equal to the exercise trapezoidal muscle;
- the longitudinal and the coracoid squeezing on the massage lines;
- milling the gaps between the ribs.
To mitigate the painful sensations can make use of funds for the national recipes. The result of the treatment herbs and other natural line appears just when their long-term use.
Folk remedies, is preferable compared to a remedy, because latest in a long use they are able to seriously damage the intestine, liver and pancreas. Therefore, the methods of alternative medicine, it is appropriate to use after the relief of acute painful syndromes medication. The above mentioned methods is the need to gradually replace the drugs at the recommendation of a doctor.
It is possible to mark several effective recipes:
- Honey and potatoes. It is necessary to take a few potatoes, to grind on a grater, add the same amount of honey. The ingredients should be thoroughly mixed, put on gauze and apply it as a compress on the disease of the land. Reconciliation application, you need to wrap in a head scarf and leave in this position for 1 hour.
- Horseradish. It is necessary to take 1 leaf of a plant and the steam of boiling water. It is necessary to rotate the inner side to a painful land and join him. The device must be safe to lock and wrap in a scarf. The procedure should be carried out at night, and shoot a bandage — just the other day in the morning.
- Hot bottle. It is necessary to take on the plastic packaging, pour into it some hot water, put on the sofa and lie down on his back. It is advisable to try to move a bottle under the other. The procedure should be done 30 minutes.
- Parsley. It is necessary to eat during the 30 days day 1 the roots of the plant.
- Pine buds. It is necessary to gather in the spring the raw material. The length of the pine kidneys should be 2 see the Need to wash and dry. Raw materials need to grind and combine with sugar in a ratio of 2:1, then mix thoroughly and remove in the fridge. The tool will be ready, when he acquires a deep brown shade. The mixture is need to eat for 1 hr. l. per day for 3 weeks.
While the use of folk remedies very carefully need to approach the management with effect heats. Similar actions can help for a while to get rid of pain and inflammation, but are able to bring the damage. In the period of exacerbation of the disease are prohibited to any warming, because they cause blood vessels to widen, which may arise swelling. In similar situations it is necessary to seek treatment to specialists. In osteochondrosis of the cervical, in any form is prohibited to warm up the neck, because it can trigger severe migraines.
You can cure osteochondrosis?
A lot of people, which is a dystrophic defeat of the intervertebral discs, interested in the question: it is possible to treat degenerative disc disease and how to do it? The specialists of the leading clinics in the world, dealing with the treatment of this disease claim that if osteochondrosis has been detected at an early stage, in most cases, you can fully restore the functionality of the spine. If the patient turns to the health facility at 3 helena 4 stage of the disease, doctors can only improve his health, because it comes at this stage of development, osteochondrosis provokes education of bone growths and changing the shape of the spine. On these stages to achieve a positive result is possible only with surgical treatment.
After such a therapy in patients begins a period of remission, which will be able to extend themselves, if they follow the recommendations of the treating doctor:
- avoid stressful situations;
- correctly and rationally to eat;
- indulge in swimming and physical therapy;
- reduce the level of load of the musculoskeletal the musculoskeletal system;
- normalize sleep, etc.
Prevention of degenerative disc disease
Each person should carry out preventive actions aimed at the prevention of this dangerous disease such as osteochondrosis. In the first place it is necessary to constantly keep track of their possession of your body, and not only during driving, but also while sitting at the computer helena watching your favorite tv series. It is equally important to engage in exercises that will help to strengthen the musculoskeletal the musculoskeletal system and create a muscular corset.
It is recommended to choose for the night's rest the orthopedic mattress and pillows that are designed with the aim of prevention of degenerative disc disease and other diseases of the spine. In order not to harm the musculoskeletal motorickému computer people must very carefully lift and carry heavy objects.
A diet exclusive of eating (six times per day fractional portions), which are included perfectly balanced meals, allow you to normalize the work of many vital organs and systems of the human body. Should not be consumed drinks with a high content of caffeine, alcoholic beverages, chocolate. In limited quantities they should eat protein foods, especially liver, meat, legumes.
How to sleep at an osteochondrosis?
During sleep, the person should be located in such a position, which will allow his muscles and the musculoskeletal motorickému device to fully relax. This is due to the fact that a prolonged stay in an uncomfortable position, is often the cause of the development of degenerative disc disease.
In order to maximize reduce the load on the spine during a night's rest, the person should adhere to the following rules:
- It is forbidden to sleep on his stomach. During sleep, the person relaxes, and his head can be rotated helena inverted. As a result, the blood vessels and arteries peredelyvayut, is disturbed by the flow of blood to the main brain, cervical department of the spine is in tension, etc.
- The best position for the holiday is the possession of your body, "the embryo", in which the recommended sleep patients with a diagnosis of degenerative disc disease. The patient must lay on his side, then bent at the knees, his legs need to pull to your chest.
- In arranging the bed patients should give their preference for beds with a flat base. The mattress is best to use an orthopedic.
- Cushion, people with osteochondrosis, it is necessary to use small, to fit head and shoulders remained on the mattress. It is best to purchase a special orthopedic pillow.